Jeju Science Park
Developing clean IT and BT industry in Jeju Island, attracting high-tech companies in advanced science, and creating high-quality jobs
- Yeongpyeong-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
- KRW 580 billion
- Public development of national industrial complexes such as IT and BT related companies and research institutes
- High-Tech Industry Dept.
- Best place to build industry-academia-research cluster with Jeju National University and Jeju International University located nearby
- Public services easily accessible including the provincial office, the city hall, Jeju International Airport and Jeju Port within a distance of 10km
- For Robust Jeju Economy
In early 2000s, Jeju had a vulnerable industrial structure with low-value-adding primary industries and tertiary industries vulnerable to external changes accounting for 96% of the economy. The Jeju Advanced Science & Technology Complex Development Project was carried out in order to grow local economy and promote self-sustaining industries in Jeju.Step-by-Step as Industrial Complex
In October 2004, we were designated as National Industrial Complex District and Project Developer. In December 2005, we were also appointed by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy as Administrator for Jeju Advanced Science & Technology Complex, and the Framework Administration Plan was approved in December 2006.
- Center of Econ-friendly Clean Industries
We recognized the need to attract new industries to build foundation for Jeju’s local economic growth and create jobs. Thus we attracted non-polluting industries such as advanced science and bio-technology which do not harm the environment. To promote investment, we actively offered administrative and marketing support including corporate tax reduction and tax benefits. We are also implementing corporate support projects leveraging JDC’s network in and outside Korea.14% of Jeju’s Total GRDP
The Advanced Science & Technology Complex hosting around 130 tenant companies as of now successfully attracted leading local and global companies including Kakao, EastSoft, Dentium and IBM Korea. By offering them with opportunities to advance into global markets, 7 tenant companies signed export contracts worth of KRW 300 million in 2017. In partnership with major provincial events every year, we support the companies to promote their sales regarding products and services, as a way to actively drive their business growth. Currently 2,051 employees work on a full-time basis, delivering annual revenue of KRW 2.57 trillion and thus accounting for 14$ of Jeju’s total GRDP.
- 2nd Advanced Jeju Science Parkto Serve Excess Demand
Jeju Advanced Science & Technology Complex will commit to building the 2nd complex in the future, attracting tenants and supporting their growth, and contributing to grow the local economy. In order to build residence industrial complex, we will identify and implement diverse support initiatives catering to the needs of tenant companies. We will continue to make ceaseless efforts to make it the best science & technology complex where everyone wants to join from around the world.
- Overseas network
- Introduction of
- Joint research
support for new
- Growth of tenant
- Participated in international conventions and conferences on science parks and new business support centers
- Signed a business agreement with outstanding Science Parks in Germany, Singapore, UK and Taiwan for mutual exchange